1.2. Our position. All the described activities of personal data processing are carried out in the capacity of the controller by the company VEIT Electronics, s.r.o., with its registered office at Viniční 2621/184, Židenice, 615 00 Brno, ID No. 27661105, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno, Section C, Insert 49761 , Tax ID No. CZ27661105 (hereinafter referred to as "we"). This means that we determine the purposes for which we collect your personal data as described below, determine the means of processing and are responsible for proper execution of the processing.
1.3. Scope of processing of personal data. The personal data we process are:
- identification data (in particular name and surname or identification number and tax identification number in the case of entrepreneurs),
- contact details (in particular address, email address and telephone number),
- order and transaction data (in particular, the goods and services ordered, the selected payment and shipping method and other information related to the order),
- communication data (in particular the content and other data associated with communications between us and you),
- registration data and settings (in particular, data associated with your user account if you register with us and data about the settings of our services),
- data about the use of our website (in particular, IP address, data about your device, data collected using cookies or data about what you do on our website).
Why and how do we process your personal data?
2.1. Functioning of the website. If you visit our website, we process your personal data to ensure its proper functioning on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing our services via the Internet.
2.2. User account. Based on the contract, we process your personal data when maintaining user accounts in our online shop.
2.3. Improving and developing our services. We also process your personal data for the purpose of measuring website traffic and creating statistics and records to evaluate and develop our services, based on our legitimate interest in monitoring website traffic and developing and optimising our services.
2.4. Determining your satisfaction. To determine your satisfaction with our services, we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in obtaining your feedback.
2.5. Safety and testing. To protect our website and all other services from cyber-attacks and fraud, and to test new functionality and changes to the website, we process your personal data based on our legitimate interest in securing and improving our services.
2.6. Protection of legal claims and internal control. We process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests for the purpose of protecting legal claims and our internal records and controls.
2.7. Sending commercial messages to customers. If we receive electronic contact details from you in connection with an order or our services, we may also process your personal data for the purpose of offering our goods and services to you via commercial messages based on our legitimate interest in promoting ourselves, unless you have opted out of receiving such communications.
2.8. Sending commercial messages on the basis of consent. Based on your consent, we process your personal data for the purpose of sending you commercial messages.
2.9. Online advertising. We may process personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in promoting us in order to show you tailored advertisements on our website and third party websites.
2.10. Fulfilling our legal obligations. We also process your personal data for the purposes and on the basis of the performance of our legal obligations related, in particular, to the provision of information to public authorities.
2.11. Execution and conclusion of contracts. We process your personal data on the basis of and for the performance of our obligations under contracts concluded between us and you and for the conclusion of these contracts. For this purpose, we may also process personal data of addressees and other recipients of goods and other services.
2.12. Customer support. We process your personal data to deal with your order-related requests on the basis of the obligation to perform the contracts concluded between us and you and for the conclusion of these contracts. For handling other requests, we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing our services to ensure adequate support.
2.13. Storage time. We store personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the stated purposes of processing personal data. After the purpose of processing has passed, we will immediately destroy the personal data. As a general rule, we retain personal data for the duration of the limitation period (normally 3 years) and one year after the expiry of the limitation period for the sake of possible claims made at the end of the limitation period. Beyond this, the following special storage periods apply:
- We retain the data associated with a user account for the lifetime of the account until it is deleted.
- In the case of legal and other proceedings, we process your personal data to the extent necessary for the duration of such proceedings and for the remainder of the limitation period after the conclusion of such proceedings.
- For the purpose of sending commercial messages to customers, we process your personal data until you opt out of receiving commercial messages.
- In order to send you commercial messages based on your consent, we process your personal data until you withdraw your prior consent to the processing of your personal data.
- In order to comply with legal obligations, we process personal data for the period necessary to comply with these obligations.
To whom is the personal data transferred?
3.1. Processors. For the processing of personal data, we also use the services of other entities as processors who process personal data only according to our instructions. These are mainly:
- IT service providers and other technology suppliers,
- operators of analytical and marketing tools,
- providers of communication tools,
- operators of customer satisfaction survey programmes.
- external accountants and tax advisors;
3.2. Administrators. You may disclose your personal data to other entities as controllers:
- our suppliers involved in the performance of the contract, in particular carriers and payment system operators,
- operators of advertising systems and social networks.
3.3. Transfers outside the EU: In some cases, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area, either pursuant to an adequacy decision under Article 45 of the GDPR, appropriate safeguards under Article 46 of the GDPR, or an exemption under Article 49 of the GDPR.
4.1. Rights of the data subject. With regard to your personal data, you have the right to:
- request the rectification of inaccurate or outdated personal data, so if you find that the personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected or completed without undue delay,
- to request confirmation of whether processing is taking place and, if so, information relating to that processing to the extent provided for in Article 15 of the GDPR, as well as a copy of the processed data (we are entitled to charge a fee for additional copies to cover the necessary costs),
- in some cases, you have the right to have your personal data erased. We will delete your personal data without undue delay if we no longer need it for the purposes for which we processed it, or if you exercise your right to object to the processing and we find that we no longer have such legitimate interests that would justify such processing, or if it turns out that the processing of personal data by us is no longer in accordance with the applicable laws. However, this right does not apply if the processing of your personal data is still necessary for compliance with our legal obligation, for archiving purposes, for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- exercise the right to restrict the processing of personal data. This right allows you in certain cases to request that your personal data be marked and not subject to any further processing operations - in this case, however, not forever (as in the case of the right to erasure), but for a limited period of time. We have to restrict the processing of personal data where you dispute the accuracy of the personal data before we agree what data is correct, or where we process your personal data without sufficient legal basis (e.g. beyond what we have to process) but you would prefer only to restrict the processing of such data before erasing it (e.g. If you expect that you would provide us with such data in the future anyway), or we no longer need the personal data for the above processing purposes but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims, or you object to the processing and we are obliged to restrict the processing of your personal data for the period for which we are investigating whether your objection is justified.
- request the transfer of personal data in cases of processing based on your consent or on a contract,
- object to the processing of personal data based on our legitimate interest. We will stop processing your personal data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to do so. If you object to marketing activities, we will cease these activities in any case,
- to disapprove with the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending you commercial messages, just as you may withdraw your prior consent to the processing of your personal data for other purposes at any time, unless the processing is for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations, for the purpose of fulfilling our legal obligations or for any other purpose arising from our legitimate interests.
4.2. Method of exercising rights. You can exercise your rights in one of the following ways:
- by e-mail at our e-mail address.
4.3. The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you become convinced that we have violated the GDPR while processing your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection, which is located at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7 (http://www.uoou.cz).
5.1. Files stored on your device for later access (temporary files). Our website may use cookie technology (and possibly other technologies on a similar principle, such as Web Storage). This means that we store small data files in a dedicated location in your device's memory that allow us to provide you with a service and to further improve it. For simplicity, we will refer to all of these technologies as "cookies".
5.2. Cookies necessary to provide the service. Some cookies are technologically necessary to provide the service. This means that their storage cannot be avoided while maintaining the functionality of the service. These are in particular cookies to:
- storing your choices in connection with your order,
- saving site settings,
- logging in to your user account,
- ensuring IT security.
5.3. Other types of cookies. We store some cookies so that we can provide you with a better quality service that is more tailored to your preferences. As part of this, we may place cookies on your device:
- to provide traffic analysis and website usage, including third party cookies,
- for advertising purposes to display tailored advertising on our and other websites, including third party cookies,
- linking to social networks, including third-party cookies,
- to tailor our website to you,
- to detect your geographical location.